Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Special Day

This morning we arose to cloudy skies and headed off to breakfast on the beach anyway.
We like to live on the edge.





Does this look like beach attire?



 Eggs and hash browns and sausage, oh my!



Cy's smile is great at any angle.
(plus, I can't figure out how to turn it.
If you tilt your head to the side......)



 We love the beach, rain or shine.








After lunch, we headed to the Tabernacle for Hellcat's memorial service.
We listened to stories, sang, cried, laughed, and enjoyed
our own memories of this unique woman who changed our lives.


Tony Peak led the procession.


John, Peter (who recited the Jabberwocky poem),
Moira (neighbor and friend) and David Crohan (musician who played with our rhythm band in the 60's)



Will Halby and Caitlin



Dori, Janet, Sarah


Amanda and Paul Remy


Sarah Chinlund


Rev. Don Lyons




















Michael, Rick, Robbie, and Peter led us in song.
We ended with "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and off we went for tea and treats.


1 comment:

Scott Scherer said...

I wish I could of been there because I miss her too and I mmiss Camp Jabberwocky.